Become a Member
Make a Donation
Attend an Event
Join us in Making a Difference for our Native Wildlife
Becoming a member helps us financially, it also enables you the means to become a recognised carer of our native wildlife under the umbrella NQ Wildlife’ Membership is annually
Volunteer! There Are So Many Ways to Help
Helping can be as easy as answering the phone
Helping answer the wildlife rescue phone line by becoming a phone rescue helper. This involves answering rescue calls and connecting the closet and currently available rescuer to the caller so the animal can be rescued as quickly as possible.
We provide full training for the phone rescue line/ there is a support network for this vital work
Sew for our Wildlife
You can Sew to support our carers. Carers need joey bags/pouches/liners/ bat wraps. If you can Sew a few a year, this will be a great help and incredible support to our carers.
We can provide you with all the instructions on how to sew pouches liners n bat wraps and the sizes we use the most.
Build Possum Boxes
Every possum we care for gets their own possum box, this box is their home their hollowed-out tree and goes with them to their release so they have a safe place to call home. We rescue and release hundreds of possums every year so we are always in need of possum boxes
What else you can do to help our wildlife
- Don’t let your pets chase wildlife
- Keep dogs and cats inside from dusk to dawn
- Slow down at night
- If you hit an animal, stop and check if it’s injured and whether it has a joey in the pouch
- Use wildlife-friendly netting and fencing
- Be patient and tolerant when wildlife visits your garden
- Install a possum box for your resident possum
- If you want to feed wildlife, seek advice regarding suitable food
- . Do not feed possums fruit
- Call NQWC promptly if you find an animal in trouble (do not wait until the next day)
- Offer to drop it off to a carer or a vet if needed
- Do not ‘rescue’ fledgling birds unless they are injured – they do not need to be rescued
- Like us on Facebook
- Tell your friends about the work we do!
Make a Donation Today
GIVING BY DIRECT TRANSFER
Account No: 182704775
Account Name: North Queensland Wildlife Care
Reference: Please use your surname as a reference and email email@example.com to advise of your deposit.
How Donations Are Used
We would like to thank our sponsors and vets who help us care for our wildlife