What your membership includes
- Specialised training at minimal pricings
- Wildlife food and other supplies at reduced cost
- NQWC Group Rehabilitation Permit/LICENCE (for new members approved by the relevant species coordinator)
- Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance (for 12 years old and over)
Newsletter and regular updates
All Australian native wildlife is protected in Queensland.
You need a license to care for them.
All members of NQWC agree to the following:
1. to support NQWC’s core values and to comply with its policies, procedures and Code of Conduct (see below);
2. to comply with the Code of Practice – Care of Sick, Injured or Orphaned Protected Animals in Queensland, as well as with the legislation that governs NQWC’s activities including the Nature Conservation Act 1992 (Qld), the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001(Qld) and relevant regulations.
3. to comply with all reasonable instructions and advice provided by the Management Committee and the relevant species coordinators;
4. to report all native animals in their care, whether they have an individual permit or are under a group permit, to the relevant NQWC species coordinator;
5. to maintain records about all native animals in their care on WildMan;
6. NQWC members who are also members of another wildlife group should be mindful that any native animal they have received via NQWC (eg. when asked by NQWC member to rescue or care for animal) must be reported to the relevant NQWC coordinator and recorded on NQWC Wildman;
7. to pass on animals into another person’s care only if authorised by the coordinator to do so and only if the other person has the appropriate training/experience and permit;
8. to provide a copy of their rehabilitation and/or damage mitigation permit, if any, to the Membership Officer;
9. to attend training for the species they care for at least yearly;
10. all activities undertaken by members are completely voluntary and are at their own expense and risk;
11. NQWC group permit and insurance will cover only persons named on the application form.
Serious, deliberate and/or repeated breaches of any of these conditions may result in cancellation of membership.
All children under 12 years of age are able to attend training, but unfortunately due to insurance requirements, are unable to become members of NQWC.