Become a Member
- Ordinary membership: $30
- Concession membership (pensioner or full time student): $15
- Family membership: $45 (for any family member residing at the same address and using the same email address)
What your membership includes:
- Specialised training
- Wildlife food and other supplies at reduced cost
- NQWC Group Rehabilitation Permit (for new members approved by the relevant species coordinator)
- Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance (for 12 years old and over)
- Monthly newsletter and regular updates
Conditions of membership
Members of NQWC agree to the following:
- to support NQWC’s core values and to comply with its policies, procedures and Code of Conduct (see below);
- to comply with the Code of Practice – Care of Sick, Injured or Orphaned Protected Animals in Queensland, as well as with the legislation that governs NQWC’s activities including the Nature Conservation Act 1992 (Qld), the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001 (Qld) and relevant regulations.
- to comply with all reasonable instructions and advice provided by the Management Committee and the relevant species coordinators;
- to report all native animals in their care to the relevant co-ordinator, regardless of the animals’ origin, and to consult with the relevant co-ordinator before any movement of native animals;
- not to pass on native fauna in care to another person unless that person has the appropriate permit and training;
- to maintain and submit records about native fauna in their care, as required;
- to provide a copy of their rehabilitation and/or damage mitigation permit, if any, to the Membership Officer (or allow the relevant species coordinator to sight it);
- all activities undertaken by members are completely voluntary and are at their own expense and risk;
- NQWC group permit and insurance will cover only persons named on this application form
Serious, deliberate and/or repeated breaches of any of these conditions may result in cancellation of membership.
- All children under 12 years of age are able to attend training, but unfortunately due to insurance requirements, are unable to become members of NQWC.
- Persons aged 12 – 15 years are able to obtain membership ONLY with a full financial parent/guardian member. A parent/guardian must also accompany them to training. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for the care and wellbeing of the wildlife that they are entrusted with.
- Persons aged 16 – 18 years are able to obtain membership ONLY with a parent/guardian signature.