If you care for our native wildlife there are many ways to get involved! You can become a member and learn to care for animals in your home. You can make a donation or provide sponsorship to support our carers (donations over $2 are tax-deductible). Alternatively, you might want to help build nest boxes, sew pouches or transport animals to the vet.
What else you can do to help wildlife
- Don’t let your pets chase wildlife
- Keep dogs and cats inside from dusk to dawn
- Slow down at night
- If you hit an animal, stop and check if it’s injured and whether it has a joey in the pouch
- Use wildlife-friendly netting and fencing
- Be patient and tolerant when wildlife visits your garden
- If you want to feed wildlife, seek advice regarding suitable food
- Call NQWC promptly if you find an animal in trouble (do not wait until the next day)
- Offer to drop it off to carer or a vet if needed
- Do not ‘rescue’ fledgling birds unless they are injured – they do not need to be rescued
- Like us on Facebook
- Tell your friends about the work we do!